* Job Announcement *
Mormon History Association
Executive Director/Business Manager
The Mormon History Association is seeking qualified applicants for the independent-contractor position(s) of Executive Director/Business Manager. The position(s) may be best filled by two people, one of whom serves primarily as Business Manager. The Executive Director/Business Manager serve as officers and members of the MHA Board of Directors. The term is for three years, may be renewed, and begins in early 2014.
- endowment development
- managing the routine daily business, financial, accounting, and other operations of the MHA office; preparing annual budgets, etc.; maintaining MHA’s office files, records, correspondence, etc.
- staging the annual MHA conference, including contract negotiations, conference pre-planning, conference publicity, conference management, etc.
- working with the MHA Board of Directors to plan and host the Board’s quarterly meetings (including preparation of agenda and taking of minutes); preparing new Board members; developing and implementing strategic planning initiatives
- preparing the MHA quarterly newsletter (using InDesign software)
- maintaining and updating the MHA membership list; supervising management of MHA website
- servicing the needs of MHA members
- representing MHA in the public arena; working with other organizations
The successful applicant will
- plan on devoting thirty or so hours per week (sometimes more, sometimes fewer) year round
- possess strong administrative, office management, and interpersonal skills
- manage and coordinate the responsibilities, activities, and objectives of the Board
- have strong written and verbal communication skills; be comfortable in addressing crowds
- possess a working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, and Act/Sage
- deal well with periods of high pressure and stress, especially during the annual conference; be highly organized with great attention to detail
- understand and work with financial reports, budgets, investments, tax returns; negotiate contracts for conference sites, facilities, services, advertisers, and exhibitors
- possess a knowledge of, and interest in, Mormon history, including the Mormon historical community
Applicants must submit a letter of interest with résumé, references, and contact information. Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2013. Send applications to email@example.com. No telephone calls.