Religion, Culture, and Politics: Interview with Mark Hulsether



2 comments
Columbia University Press recently published Mark Hulsether's Religion, Culture, and Politics in the Twentieth-Century United States, a book very much oriented for classroom use. You may find an interview with the author here at the Columbia University Press blog. A little excerpt:

Thus I stress using multiple maps and critical tools to analyze US religion. I think it is crucial not to get carried away by a common wisdom that imagines a binary struggle between “real religious values” on one side, versus either a purely “naked” public square or a religious liberalism that is just a halfway house to secularism.

2 comments:

Anonymous at: November 11, 2008 at 6:59 PM said...

Matthew A. Sutton has a lukewarm (at best) review of the book on H-Amstdy.

Susan at: November 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

newer post older post